On the occasion of the start of a procedure by VMRO-DPMNE for a mandatory referendum to cancel the Treaty of Friendship, Good Neighborliness and Cooperation with Bulgaria, SDSM released a statement in which they indicate that a referendum against the EU, against the Macedonian language in the EU, does not have the support of the citizens. It will not succeed and that this is the wrong way for Mickoski to save his seat.
According to SDSM, Hristijan Mickoski no longer knows what to do to keep his unstable seat in the White Palace, after all his failed lies and attempts to block the European future of the state. His announcements about Bulgarianization and assimilation failed, his scenarios for destabilization failed, attempts to conduct a blockade failed, he was left alone with the pro-Russian Levica and his partner Apasiev, against the EU.
SDSM lists several facts that confirm the extent of Mickoski’s hypocrisy and insincerity.
1. It was Hristijan Mickoski who supported the Agreement with Bulgaria in a meeting with former Prime Minister Borissov, and he did that in Bulgarian language.
2. Although the Agreement was ratified 4 years ago, Mickoski is only now taking this desperate step because his unstable position in VMRO-DPMNE.
3. The pro-European wing in VMRO-DPMNE is getting stronger, it does not agree with Mickoski and wants to continue the country’s European path.
4. Mickoski demanded a referendum on the Prespna Agreement, then boycotted it and in the end he said he accepted it.
5. VMRO-DPMNE MPs because of Mickoski did not vote in the Macedonian Parliament and left, now they want to pass the responsibility on to the party members.
A referendum against EU membership, against the Macedonian language in the EU, has no support from the citizens, it is not supported from the opposition parties and will not succeed. The state will not stand still. Mickoski cannot stop or prevent the European future, it is stated in SDSM’s press release.